3D Printing in Aerospace
Realize designs before committing them to production
3D printing has become a vital tool for aerospace engineers helping them to achieve rapid prototyping, tooling and even part manufacturing. It can now all take place on-site, ensuring trade secrets never leave their facility.
Product development | Wind testing | Quality control | Custom tools & parts | Jigs, fixtures & gauges | Small production runs
Why choose a Fabcon in Aerospace?
• Engineers can discuss a design with peers or rapidly test the market potential at a trade-show
• 3D printing shrinks the development process from months to a matter of days
• You can verify a design before investing in an expensive molding tool
• You’re able to test ideas quickly and discover what does and doesn’t work. New iterations have no cost penalties
• It’s easy to personalize and tweak parts to uniquely fit your needs at no extra cost and in just a matter of hours
With 3D printing you can easily test and validate designs. This allows you to refine your concept quickly and eliminate costly mistakes.
Demo real-life models
There’s nothing like having a physical model. With it you can test market potential and have meaningful discussions with key stakeholders.
It’s now possible to 3D print highly customized, complex and unique models. There’s no need to worry about tooling and lead-times
The lighter the better
In a matter of hours, sometimes minutes, you can cheaply prototype airplane parts to test lighter designs before going into production.