3D Printing in Automotive
Innovation never happened so fast
With an Fabcon you can 3D print highly accurate, functional prototypes or tools that can withstand lots of abuse. This gives engineers and designers the ability to improve and test designs quickly. And it cuts down lead times to days, instead of weeks compared to traditional methods.
Concept models | Functional testing | Custom tools & parts | Jigs, fixtures & gauges | Small production runs
Why choose a Fabcon in Automotive?
- 3D printing shrinks the development process from months to a matter of days
- You’re able to test ideas quickly and discover what does and doesn’t work. New iterations have no cost penalties
- It’s easy to personalize and tweak parts to uniquely fit your needs at no extra cost and in just a matter of hours
- Engineers can discuss a design with peers or rapidly test the market potential at a trade-show
- You can verify a design before investing in an expensive molding tool
A 3D printed concept model communicates in a way a CAD drawing never could. It feels real and is great for testing a product’s features and aesthetics.
With 3D printing fit testing at every stage is easy, accurately creating the end product’s performance – giving you confidence in your final design.
Going into production is a costly affair. 3D printing let’s you test and revise your design at every stage so you can verify manufacture-ability.