3D Printing in Engineering
The freedom to innovate and iterate at every stage
When engineering bold new designs, 3D printing let’s you try new prototypes, addressing problems and finding solutions as you go, all in just a matter of hours. Even those with complex internal structures and geometries, something traditional methods just can’t offer.
Concept models | Functional Testing | Custom tools & parts | Jigs, fixtures & gauges | Small production runs
Why choose a Fabcon in Engineering?
- 3D printing shrinks the development process from months to a matter of days
- You’re able to test ideas quickly and discover what does and doesn’t work. New iterations have no cost penalties
- Engineers can discuss a design with peers or rapidly test the market potential at a trade-show
- It’s easy to personalize and tweak parts to uniquely fit your needs at no extra cost and in just a matter of hours
- You can verify a design before investing in an expensive molding tool
- Even the most complex moving parts are achievable
From model to final component in just 2 weeks. Normally this part would’ve taken 16. 3D printing is revolutionizing the manufacturing process.
Engineer complex geometries with ease
Prototyping on an Fabcon allows you to realize your vision at low cost, refining ideas before going into production.
Swift engineering breakthroughs
When research engineer Anders Olsson realized he needed a different print head to print boron carbide plastic – he created a prototype using his Fabcon.